Axels World of Crap™
Food For Thought Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Food For Thought Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Food For Thought

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:27 am

So, Its about 12:22pm here, and Im getting hungry. I havent eaten anything yet, but Im getting bored with the same old stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but with school ending for the summer, I have plenty of time to try some new things. I was just grabbing something and running out the door. lol. So, does anyone have any recipes or any type of food (like a new type of granola bar or something) that they would like to share?
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:34 am

Well, personally, I specialize in either Greek dishes, or cakes. So, I think I'll start by posting a recipe for one of my favorite cakes.

--------------------

Axel's Famous Builders Cake

Ingredients

Cake/Sponge

• 4OZ Self Raising Flour
  • 4OZ Butter
  • 4OZ Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • Vanilla Essence

Buttercream

• Butter
  • Icing Sugar
  • Peppermint Essence
  • Blue food colouring.

Weight out the butter and the sugar and put them in a bowl. Mix them until whiteish in colour, fluffy and until it's easy to move the spoon in the mixture. Add one egg and a small amount of the flour and mix. Add more flour so it doesn't curdle. Then ad the next egg and another small amount of flour, adding the rest of the flour when mixed in. Add cocoa powder and the vanilla essence to taste. (The stronger, the better.) If the mixture becomes too dry, ad a small drop of milk to soften it up.

Place the mixture into a pre-greased (Get some butter on a small piece of paper and smear it on the inside of the tin.) baking/cake tin and place in a pre-heated oven and bake until risen. (Use a knife to test to see if it is done.)

To make the buttercream, add butter (As much, or as little. Whatever is needed. )to a bowl and keep adding icing sugar, mixing until firm. (There should be more icing sugar than butter.) Add the peppermint essence to taste. Then add the blue food colouring and a small amount of cocoa powder to create the 'cement look'.

After your cake is ready, slice it in half and spread the buttercream generously.

NOTE: Make sure that the cake is cold before you add the buttercream to the middle.
Back to top Go down
https://axelsworldofcrap.forumotion.com
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Axel's Soutzoukakia

Ingredients

• 2 slices thick dense bread (crusts removed)
  • 1/2 cup dry red wine
  • 1 lb ground lean meat (beef or veal)
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
  • 2 tablespoons grated kefalograviera cheese or mizithra cheese (parmesan makes an excellent substitute)
  • 1/2 teaspoon oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • salt and pepper
  • flour (for dredging)
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

Sauce

• 2 lbs fresh tomatoes
  • 1 tablespoon vinegar
  • 1 garlic clove, chopped
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 3/4 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Directions

Soak the bread in the wine for about 5 minutes, or until thoroughly softened. Then, squeeze out and reserve the excess wine. In a large bowl, combine the ground meat with the wine soaked bread, onion, garlic, egg, parsley, grated cheese, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix the ingredients until thoroughly blended. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours.

Dampen your hands, pinch off small portions of meat mixture, about the quantity of a teaspoon or just over, and shape into approximately 20 oval rolls (looks sort of like an elongated, slightly flattened, meatball). Dredge them in flour. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatballs and fry until browned all over, turning occasionally and allowing time for the meat to cook thoroughly. (alternatively, if you want a 'lighter' recipe, you could just brown in a non-stick pan or bake them in the oven - not as flavourful, but still good). Remove from the pan using a slotted spoon and set aside. Strain the oil you fried the meatballs in through a fine sieve into a cooking pan. Add all the sauce ingredients, and the reserved wine. Bring to a boil and simmer until the sauce is thick. Drop in the meatballs, stir to cover all over with the sauce, and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Serve hot with lemon roast potatoes, rice, french fries, or mashed potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Johnson
Regular
Regular
Daniel Johnson

Male Aquarius Dog

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 5:24 am

I hope Axel doesnt mind me posting on of her recipes. i just love it so much! this was a lifesaver back when i was skint!

Axels Beany Chick Soup.

serves 4

2 chicken breasts without skin and bones

2 tablespoons of olive oil

1 onion chopped up

2 peeled and chopped garlic cloves

150g mushrooms

400g canned chopped tomatoes

900ml chicken stock

400g canned baked beans

Cut chicken into thin strips. heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the onion for a few minutes until they get soft. add the chicken and fry it until its brown on all sides and stir in the garlic. add the mushrooms, tomatoes and the stock and bring to the boil. reduce the heat and simmer it for 15 minutes, then stir in the beans and simmer for 5 more minutes until its very hot then serve!!
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:43 am

Darn you Daniel! xD Naw, j/k. It's fine.

NOTE: This French Toast recipe contains Egg, milk, bread and dairy products. Allergy sufferers beware!

Ingredients:

• 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup milk
  • 10 to 12 slices white bread
  • Butter
  • Maple syrup or other syrup

Preparation:
Break eggs into a wide, shallow bowl or pie plate; beat lightly with a fork. Stir in sugar, salt, and milk.

Over medium-low heat, heat griddle or skillet coated with a thin layer of butter or margarine.

Place the bread slices, one at a time, into the bowl or plate, letting slices soak up egg mixture for a few seconds, then carefully turn to coat the other side. Soak/coat only as many slices as you will be cooking at one time.

Transfer bread slices to griddle or skillet, heating slowly until bottom is golden brown. Turn and brown the other side. Serve French toast hot with butter and syrup.

Recipe for French toast serves 4.
Back to top Go down
axels_minion
Minion of Doom
Minion of Doom
axels_minion

Female Leo Horse

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:34 am

anyone got a recepie for fraiser cake ? please share it with me
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 7:43 am

Ironic you should say that, I was just posting that recipe. I'll post it in the main forum section.
Back to top Go down
axels_minion
Minion of Doom
Minion of Doom
axels_minion

Female Leo Horse

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:36 am

I want to bake a cake but i don't want to be all fancy about it. Anyone got a easy to follow simple Victoria sponge cake recipe with butter cream?
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:39 am

axels_minion wrote:
I want to bake a cake but i don't want to be all fancy about it. Anyone got a easy to follow simple Victoria sponge cake recipe with butter cream?

All done: https://axelsworldofcrap.forumotion.com/the-cookbook-f29/cakes-and-cookies-t145.htm#4383

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food For Thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food For Thought   Food For Thought Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food For Thought
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axels World of Crap™ :: Members :: General Chat :: Food :: The Cookbook-
Jump to: