Axels World of Crap™
Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.

Go down 
5 posters

Should we upgrade the main site chatroom to a cam chat?
Yes, I like that idea!
Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_lcap33%Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Not sure. (Please comment)
Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_lcap11%Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
No, I prefer having both options.
Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_lcap56%Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
Other (Please comment.)
Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_lcap0%Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Empty
PostSubject: Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.   Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:54 am

Should we upgrade our main site chatroom to cam chat?

Since we now have the option, we were wondering if you thought it'd be worth it. We already have the option for cam chat in our brand new footer bar if you wanted to try it out, but we wanted your opinion.

Here are the list of pros and cons with upgrading it.

Pros

• Cam chat has the option to chat with other people using your webcam so you can see people face to face.
  • You can also use your microphone to chat using your voice.
  • Cam chat has the ability to op people, ban people etc.
  • It's easy to use and is free to all. (People with AWOC Accounts and without.)
  • You can block cams if you don't want to view them.

Cons

• It might be unstable for some users with a slower connection.
  • All usernames are in lowercase.
Back to top Go down
https://axelsworldofcrap.forumotion.com
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.   Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 3:58 am

I think that the pros outweigh the cons in this situation. Not to mention it's a nifty sort of idea to begin with. I like it. I think that it gives members who prefer face to face conversation more incentive to join the site, but then again, that's just me. Smile
Back to top Go down
BBS
The Blank Manager
The Blank Manager
BBS

Male Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.   Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 9:30 am

Can you still have a regular chat? I think both should be present, but maybe make cam the main option.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/blank_of_bbs
Denial
Mouth Vacuum
Mouth Vacuum
Denial

Male Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.   Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2010 10:42 am

BBS wrote:
Can you still have a regular chat? I think both should be present, but maybe make cam the main option.

At the moment, both are present. The main chat is where it has always been and the cam chat is in the bar at the bottom of the screen.

The only thing I'd think of with making cam chat the main option is con #1. Not everyone will want it and I'm assuming that it will be a lesser number than the ones wanting it. Which will probably mean one active and one very dull room that will put people off visiting chat. If that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Sexy Fairy
Baby
Baby
Sexy Fairy

Female Pisces Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.   Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 7:50 am

I like having both options. I don't have a webcam and I'm using a slow computer so I won't be able to access the cam chat on some days depending on computer performance. I think it'd be nice to keep it as it is right now.

Denial wrote:
The only thing I'd think of with making cam chat the main option is con #1. Not everyone will want it and I'm assuming that it will be a lesser number than the ones wanting it. Which will probably mean one active and one very dull room that will put people off visiting chat. If that makes any sense.

I was thinking this.

I don't know about anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.   Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll #8 - On the main site, should we upgrade our chatroom to cam chat.
Page 1 of 1