Axels World of Crap™
Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?

Go down 
+2
BBS
Ninja Spoon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Empty
PostSubject: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 10:35 am

Just a thought. Some dont like doing it. I know its nice to see who the members are and it stops them from getting their accounts deleted, but should it be mandatory? Really? Just wanted to see what everyone else thought too. So long as they post, is it such a big deal?

Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Wrongx_icon Currently Unresolved - Help resolve it now!
Back to top Go down
BBS
The Blank Manager
The Blank Manager
BBS

Male Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:43 pm

Personally, I think its nice to have, just because it helps us meet the members, and maybe make it less intimidating for them. Downside is though, forcing them to may scare them off, or at least the lazies. Anyway, to me it seems more advantageous to keep it, but lets see what the others say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/blank_of_bbs
Denial
Mouth Vacuum
Mouth Vacuum
Denial

Male Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:31 am

To be honest, me and Axel have been discussing this for a while anyway. While we want people to introduce themselves and get a feel for the kinds of people we have here, it can get awkward chasing them down for an intro post, or (Even worse) deleting posts they make BEFORE posting intros. (I find that in particular puts people off posting altogether.)

So any suggestions will be welcome.
Back to top Go down
Moirwinvail
Captain
Captain
Moirwinvail

Male Aquarius Horse

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I myself rather like the intro's. it gives us the chance to see what our new members are about. and gives them the chance to get to know us just a tiny bit. though maybe making it mandatory isn't quite the right idea for it.
Back to top Go down
Sherr
N00b
N00b
Sherr

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Although I felt a bit reluctant doing it, I thought about it afterwards.
It'll keep the robots and stalkers away. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
Optimus
Baby
Baby
Optimus

Male Pisces Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 6:03 am

I only just joined I know but i enjoyed having to post an intro. It made me get off my butt and think. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?   Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of 'Mandatory Intros'?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axels World of Crap™ :: Important :: Suggestions, Questions and Comments-
Jump to: