Axels World of Crap™
Advice on: Medical Issues Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Advice on: Medical Issues Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Advice on: Medical Issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Advice on: Medical Issues Empty
PostSubject: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 11:26 am

Got an odd lump? Your wrists, or arms hurting? Have a cut or bruise you want to heal faster? Can't get rid of a cold? Maybe you just need help on how to keep stitches clean, or exercises you can do to help build up your body? Or maybe you want to lose/gain weight?

Anything medical, talk about it here. You will receive friendly advice for any problems you have.

Disclaimer
Obviously, advice given is the opinion of Axel and does not reflect the general opinion of anyone else, or Forumotion as a whole. Any advice given is accurate to the best of her knowledge. Any medical advice given should NOT substitute professional advice from your GP, or health official. If symptoms persist, or you are really concerned ALWAYS visit your doctor. Advice frome your Doctor takes precedence over advice given here.
Back to top Go down
https://axelsworldofcrap.forumotion.com
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:00 pm

I think I'm suffering from heat exhaustion. Work environment is over 100 degrees with no air conditioning. I've been feeling dizzy, nauseous, and suffering from a severe headache. I also have diarrhea. Unimpressed I've nearly passed out a couple of times and earlier I just kind of fell asleep without meaning to, because I just feel so weak. I think I'm a little dehydrated too. Can't keep fluids down when we're having to continually take orders almost non-stop. What can I do to prevent this from happening again? And if it does happen again, what's some good ways to fix it?
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 am

The only way of preventing these things is to eat lightly (No fats) and drink (Mostly water based drinks.) little but often and wear light and loose clothing. Try not to drink coffee or tea, it'll dehydrate you quickly and also tie your hair back.

Snack on things like grapes instead of chocolate or biscuits and if you can (As odd as it sounds) have a spray mist of water near by.

Although, it also sounds like blood pressure issues may be involved, but I could be wrong. Be careful with the diarrhea. Make sure that it's not brought on by kidney function problems. People who suffer from blood pressure issues can often have secondary problems with their kidneys often causing diarrhea. (Fluid leaking into the gut etc.)

The best thing to do is have it checked.

Keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:20 pm

Well, I'm fine with it now. It was definitely the heat. We're not allowed to leave our registers on the busy days, which incidentally, are usually the hottest days, and we're also not allowed to bring anything to drink with us to the front line. So, drinking a lot and keeping fluids is kind of a tough-y. The fact that I hadn't been able to eat, due to the severe heat and the crazy work is probably another factor that factored into the issue. When I was able to get something to drink, I drank a fruit punch, which is the most water based drink you can get at the local McDonalds. lol. Can't help with the clothing either. It's all standard issued black pants and black shirt. Lovely color choice for the heat, I know. But today was my last day at McDonalds for the year, so, I'm all good. :3

I do have another question, though. Any good ideas on how to treat athletes foot. I haven't had a chance to get to the drugstore aisle of the store and buy some cream, but is there any other solutions? I apparently developed the issue from wearing those damned sweaty shoes for work. lol. Now, it's just annoying.
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 3:09 am

MandaNoel07 wrote:
Can't help with the clothing either. It's all standard issued black pants and black shirt.

Ah yes. I forgot about those buggers. ¬¬ Evil creations.

MandaNoel07 wrote:
I do have another question, though. Any good ideas on how to treat athletes foot. I haven't had a chance to get to the drugstore aisle of the store and buy some cream, but is there any other solutions? I apparently developed the issue from wearing those damned sweaty shoes for work. lol. Now, it's just annoying.

Natural remedies are pretty much as effective (If not more so) than the ones on shelves. Water + white vinegar being a cleanser. Add about 4 parts water and one part vinegar and give your feet a nice soaking for about 15 minutes. After that, add baking soda between your toes and follow up after that treatment with tea tree oil. (Dilute it though. One part tea tree to 2/3 parts base oil.) This prevents fungus and kills any remaining.
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:04 pm

I feel so nasty thinking I have some funky crud on my feet. lol. Thanks, though, I'll try it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice on: Medical Issues   Advice on: Medical Issues Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice on: Medical Issues
Page 1 of 1