Axels World of Crap™
What are you reading? Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
What are you reading? Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

What are you reading?

Go down 
+7
Japan
BBS
Zapher Tivien
Alice
SRV
MandaNoel07
axels_minion
11 posters
AuthorMessage
axels_minion
Minion of Doom
Minion of Doom
axels_minion

Female Leo Horse

What are you reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:35 am

What have you been reading? let everyone know what you have been reading, rate 1 for bad 10 for awsome.

iv been reading the manga book fruits basket im on book 20. There are 2 or 3 more books to go but im waiting for them to be released.
It's about family cursed by the chinese zodiac when they are hugged by a member of the opposite gender they transform into one of the chinese zodiac, but they dont when they are hugged by cursed family members. its a really good story. It's available as a dvd but only 20 or so chapters were made im hoping more will be made ^^ i rate the story 8/10
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:49 pm

I just recently finished a novel called, "Shadow Dance." It is by Julie Garwood.

The story revolves around Jordan Buchanan who travels outside of her "comfort zone" to Texas to research a rumor of a family feud between her family and the MacKeena clan, her brother's bride's family. Jordan makes it to Texas, but when she gets there she finds herself framed for murder. She calls her brother, who is an FBI agent, when she finds a dead body in the trunk of her rental car. What she ends up with is a long stay in a town in the middle of no where with Noah Claybourne, her brother's partner. Her childhood friend soon becomes her love interest. However, Noah is a well known playboy and so she considers herself "just another girl."

Jordan continues her research into her family's history, and is about to stumble upon something unexpected. Now, someone who would kill to keep his secret hidden is after Jordan's life. Luckily, Jordan still has Noah, though.

This is a really good story. It sounds kind of sappy. It is a bit, but still good. I give it about an eight out of ten. About 391 pages of mystery and romance. It kept me entertained for the evening. I really need to find longer books. >.> It does contain some sexually explicit scenes, but... Oh well... *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
SRV
Fakely Banned
SRV

Male Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:41 am

I read a lot so in this post I am not going to mention just one book.

Firstly I have not yet completed my goal of reading all of Sidney Sheldon's.Last week I completed 'Rage of Angels',which is basically a book exploring the lives of people associated with the Mafia(the ending is depressing though).The other Sheldons I read this month are 'Nothing lasts forever' and 'Bloodline'(which I started at the end of last month).'Bloodline' is by far the best(in my opinion) of the three.I would recommend it (if you haven't read it already...most ppl I ask,have).

Secondly,Robin Cook's 'Coma',which comes from the massive family library(I inherited it this year).Wonderful plot,well-created characters...this book is a must-read.Medical-school thriller...

Thirdly,Jeffrey Archer's 'A matter of Honor'.If you like action sequences,suspense moments and 'race-against-time' story lines,this is the book for you.Its KGB v/s F.B.I. v/s 'lone hero' ,so its gripping lol!

Also.I re-read Paulo Coelho's 'The Alchemist' when I was feeling particularly down.This classic will inspire you towards your goal when you need true motivation(trust me XD).

By the way,I also read Eoin Colfer's 'Artemis Fowl' ,just because I laid my hands on it.It was the worst book I had read in months....please avoid it (on second thought,kids 'may' like it).

NOTE: I can't wait for Dan Brown's 'The Lost Symbol',he is my favouite author.

I totally forgot to mention another book in the last post.

I also completed Jeffrey Archer's 'Paths of glory' few weeks back.It is the story of George Mallory's life.The first man to conquer Mt.Everest...(n if u r like 'Isn't that Hillary?' ,then I can only shake my head in disbelief Nyaa).For a start George Mallory was the first person to reach the top of Mt.Everest,BUT he was not the first person to climb down from the top.Tragic...

Now about the book.It is well-written(Jeffrey Archer never lets you down) n quite moving.The story of a man who deserves a place in history,but if his name were to be added ... another name has to be removed.I would recommend it to anyone looking for a biographical novel...

[Edited by Denial: Please do not double post! Read the rules please.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/nutshell
Alice
Baby
Baby
Alice

Female Gemini Rabbit

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:40 am

I just got a book from my grandma about a week ago called "Lady of the Forest". It's pretty much a story about Maid Marian (Robin Hood). It shows the love triangle between Maid Marian/Robin Hood/The Sheriff. I'm almost done with it but as of right now I give it a 8/10.

I'm also re-reading Rhett Butler's People. It's told from his sisters, and friends as well as his own point of view of his life and also re-tells Gone with the Wind. (Another lovely book!)
10/10 =)
Back to top Go down
Zapher Tivien
Zapher Tivien

Male Aries Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 2:52 am

im readin a book by Audrey Niffenegger the person who wrote the time travellers wife an all that. the books called 'her fearful symmetry'. Its a bit borin for me tho. i was told to read it by a friend.
Back to top Go down
BBS
The Blank Manager
The Blank Manager
BBS

Male Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 6:17 pm

Gulliver's Travels!

I give it 9 out of 10 so far.

It is about a man named Gulliver who shipwrecks on various islands with interesting people on them, like Lilluptia the people who are six inches tall.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/blank_of_bbs
Japan
N00b
N00b
Japan

Female Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:31 pm

I just finished Doctor Who: Slitheen Excursion. That was about the slitheen doing business running a tour to ancient Greece! I really liked that. The book I read before that was Doctor Who: Prisioner of the Daleks. That was about a group of bounty hunters getting caught in the daleks plan to ruin the world.

I am about to read Doctor Who: Martha in the Mirror. I do not know what that is about yet so....

I am going to buy the Doctor Who allies and companions tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/japan86
Manlyseakitten
N00b
N00b
Manlyseakitten

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:37 pm

"The Robots of Dawn" - Isaac Asimov. It's the last of the three books in the series, and in my opinion it's brilliant. 9/10

It's revolves around a character named Elijah Baley, a plainclothesman in a futuristic society, who is called to the planet of Aurora to solve a case of roboticide. But the person who he's trying to defend is a political big-shot on aurora who has a sort of sympathy for Earth people (who are usually looked down on by spacer society) So it's vital that he clears his name.

That's the general summary of it anyway.
Back to top Go down
KayteaQ
N00b
N00b
KayteaQ

Female Sagittarius Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 6:00 pm

Yay! I've actually heard of some of these!
Fruits Basket is especially good at the beginning, but begins to look a bit soap opera-ish by the end. It's still very captivating and I can't wait to buy Vol. 22.
The Alchemist has very effective symbolism and wonderful themes. I love that book so much.

Lately I've been reading the House of Night series. I finished Marked the other day, and, overall, I enjoyed reading it. The story follows a young teenager, Zoey, as she is marked as a vampyre and must undergo her change from being a human to her new life at a vampyre boarding school. Basically, it's like Harry Potter. On top of dealing with boys and typical high school problems, she has to learn about and control her new features. Unfortunately, the book promotes the stereotypical, close-minded view of Christians in the presentation of "The People of Faith". Zoey's "step-loser" (stepfather), is an elder at this church, and shuns Zoey for her change, shuns her Grandmother for her Cherokee religion, etc. On the other hand, the book never ceases to entertain with its everyday teenage language, relate-able situations, and captivating conflict.
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 6:25 am

I've read the 'House of Night' series. It has a decent story line, but the writing style is atrocious in my opinion. I mean, Stephanie Meyer writes like a God compared to it.

I, however, have just gotten a book that I read in high school, called, "The Lion Triumphant," by Phillipa Carr (also known as Victoria Holt). I'm re-reading it. I absolutely adored it in High school. Unfortunately for me, I'm a sucker for romance novels, like seriously. So, I have a hard time enjoying a lot of novels because I always tend to look for that trait in there somewhere. So, this is a definitely a romance novel. It takes place during the battle of Mary Queen of Scots and Elizabeth's fight over religion and control. That is when Catherine meets Jake. He's a rough sailor, and he has his eye on her. Catholics at this time were being prosecuted, and it just so happens that Catherine's sister, Honey, is married to a Catholic man, Edward, and is happily living the Catholic life-style. Unfortunately, this gives Jake something blackmail Cat with. Jake forces Catherine to accept a marriage proposal. Cat soon finds herself in a woorlwind of an adventure. Attempted assault as Jake sneaks into her room, taking the maid in her place when she tricks him. Faking death. Kidnapping by a Spanish Don. Childbirth. Miscarriage. Excellent story in my opinion. Holt does an amazing job of connecting history with her story. It's written very well, and I enjoy it.

**Warning**
This novel does contain explicit sexual content, rape, and violence. This story may not be suitable for some. I read it when I was 15, but some people take offense to this kind of material, therefore read at your own discretion.
Back to top Go down
BBS
The Blank Manager
The Blank Manager
BBS

Male Aries Dog

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Currently reading...

Gulliver's Travels as usual. I'm addicted to that book. I am also going to check out Utopia and Alice in Wonderland soon. I've heard good things about both, so I figure its worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/portfolio/blank_of_bbs
RickHunter333
Tutor
Tutor
RickHunter333

Male Posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 4:20 pm

Stephen King's the shining, for the first time, I'm actually slightly creeped out a book, mainly cause the little boy named Danny reminds me of myself and things that happen to him as well.

So far I am at chapter 14, I'll report back to here when I've finished it haha. so far i rate it a 8 out of 10.

Another book I am currently reading, is Doctor Who The Wooden Heart, and Leven Thumps the Wrath of Ezra. I rate the whole series 10 out of 10, just the way it captures your attention and imagination is brilliant ^^
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 3:55 pm

I just finished reading the first two books of Succubus Blues. They're actually pretty good. Lots of adult content though. They're by Richelle Mead. I love her as an author. I've read all her books with the exception of the final three Succubus Blues. Rating this I'd give it a 7/10. It's entertaining, though. However, you can see how Mead has grown as an author. Her writing gets better as the story progresses. They're fascinating to read, actually.
Back to top Go down
Felix the Cat
Baby
Baby
Felix the Cat

Male Leo Monkey

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 11:58 am

I have recently read the Transformation by Franz Kafka and I give it a 7/10.
It was amazing but my brain was borked along the way of reading it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axels World of Crap™ :: Members :: General Chat :: Books-
Jump to: