Axels World of Crap™
Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?

Go down 
+3
Ninja Spoon
Mr Bedlam
Denial
7 posters

Should we do away with Guides?
Yes
Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Vote_lcap78%Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Vote_rcap
 78% [ 7 ]
No
Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Vote_lcap0%Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other (Please Specify)
Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Vote_lcap22%Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Denial
Mouth Vacuum
Mouth Vacuum
Denial

Male Cancer Buffalo

Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Empty
PostSubject: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:13 am

It's come to the attention of the mods that the Guides have not been as needed as we once thought they were and with the departure of our only guide (Other than Axel) we were wondering whether to scrap the Guides program entirely.

Your thoughts?

(For those who are new and who aren't aware, Guides are helpers to all new people to the site. They are assigned to new folks as requested and help them fit in and teach them the ins and outs of the forum.)

Last edited by Denial on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Bedlam
Curry King
Curry King
Mr Bedlam

Male Gemini Horse

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:27 am

In all honesty something like the Guides program will only work with a large and active member base. At the moment, there isn't enough dedication to make it worthwhile. So, no. Maybe some time in the future, but we don't need it now, I don't think.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:34 am

I agree 100% with Guy. I say you should concentrate on your moderators before you start introducing new staff roles.
Back to top Go down
Daniel Johnson
Regular
Regular
Daniel Johnson

Male Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:42 am

i like the idea. always did but its not working well at the moment. i think you guys should wait a while to see how it goes. i like the blue though! I think you should change tutors to the blue and scrap the Guides.
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 4:22 pm

I hate to say it, but I agree with the others. There aren't enough users to worry about guides. I think that later on it might be a good idea to use them, but right now, the site is just starting out. I think that the best option is to suspend the guide category. Most people seem to be fiddling around and figuring things out on their own.

I didn't know Jackie had quit though. Worried
Back to top Go down
Zapher Tivien
Zapher Tivien

Male Aries Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:16 am

i dnt think that we need them yet. anyway they can just look at the sitemap and stuff
Back to top Go down
SRV
Fakely Banned
SRV

Male Taurus Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:42 am

Being something of a n00b I tend to get lost around new sites quite easily.At which you may come upon the realization that that was just the case with this place too.But I hadn't required Guides to help me out(nor had I turned to them).I believe not many people do either.So I may say that we don't require them.

(Wow!that was being formal...I m not so at all times) Nyaa
Back to top Go down
http://www.theotaku.com/worlds/nutshell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?   Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poll #3 - Should we do away with Guides?
Page 1 of 1