Axels World of Crap™
Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Omfg
Axels World of Crap™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 3:01 am

Heh. I guess folks are either too busy, or just too lazy. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://axelsworldofcrap.forumotion.com
axels_minion
Minion of Doom
Minion of Doom
axels_minion

Female Leo Horse

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:54 am

XD no its not dead just need our butts in gear lol
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:59 am

Forgive me if Im wrong but I always thought that mods should set the example? I think thats rather bad if this is truely the case that you need to actually get your butts in gear.
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:59 am

Ninja Spoon wrote:
Forgive me if Im wrong but I always thought that mods should set the example?

Indeed it is.

Ninja Spoon wrote:
I think thats rather bad if this is truely the case that you need to actually get your butts in gear.

It is bad. I agree. But, some mods may be busy. (Although, by rights, they are supposed to announce that they are going to be away.)
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:39 am

If this was my forum I'd have probably sacked them by now I'm afraid. Doesn't your mod recruitment thread state they have to be active?
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 am

Yes it does:

Quote :
To be a Moderator

To be a moderator, the following is required:

• More than 50 posts (Senior Member Rank) - We want ACTIVE mods, not lurkers!
  • Spare time - A moderator must always have the time to patrol the forum at LEAST once every day. And they must always stay active and post! We do not want inactive moderators.
  • Patience - Believe me, you are going to need it. Wink
  • Non-biased attitude - All moderators MUST have this. We have no favoritism here!
  • Friendly attitude - Try to make people feel at least a tiny bit welcome.

A moderator is like a manager. They must help with basic duties, such as cleaning up and maintating the site (IE: Removing spam, relocated misplaced posts, etc.), keeping everyone in check, posting new content and, of course, advertising the site. Do NOT apply if you do not have the time to devote to your role. We take moderating very seriously. This is not a hobby. You may choose up to 3 sections to moderate.

What exactly are you trying to get at/achieve with this thread?
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:02 am

I'm simply stating that a forum without decent mods is like a ship without a crew and they never last long. I dont like the idea of being a member in a place that doesn't even have anyone to direct it. I know you do a good job as does Adam but its not fair on you two that you have a whole team that does nothing. I want to suggest that you start removing staff if they cant do their job right.
Back to top Go down
Starscream
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
The Butt Dancing™ Admin
Starscream

Female Capricorn Monkey

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:10 am

Not all our mods do nothing. We do have good ones, but they happen to be busy. A system is due to be put in place that will remove inactive moderators should they not become active again.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:13 am

The word busy shouldn't be in a moderators vocabulary in my opinion. But its good to see you guys are taking steps. Its a nice forum and I wouldnt want it to suffer just because a few of the members were being lazy.
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 am

While Adam and Axel may have a heck of alot of work on them, they do a hell of a good job. As a mod, I try to do my part, I may mess up, I'm not perfect. Also, even if a mod is inactive it is not so simple to replace them. The work will STILL be on Adam and Axel. That solves nothing. We may have some team members who aren't doing their part at the moment, but the rest of us are trying to pick up the slack, and thus it will have to be until the members are either replaced or become active again.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:22 am

MandaNoel07 wrote:
While Adam and Axel may have a heck of alot of work on them, they do a hell of a good job.

Ninja Spoon wrote:
I know you do a good job as does Adam but its not fair on you two that you have a whole team that does nothing.
AHEM

MandaNoel07 wrote:
As a mod, I try to do my part, I may mess up, I'm not perfect. Also, even if a mod is inactive it is not so simple to replace them. The work will STILL be on Adam and Axel. That solves nothing. We may have some team members who aren't doing their part at the moment, but the rest of us are trying to pick up the slack, and thus it will have to be until the members are either replaced or become active again.

By 'rest of us' who are you talking about because I've watched the active users list and frankly Ive only ever seen you on. axels_minion only started showing up again yesterday. You have A LOT of team members who arent doing their part. I saw the last post dates for example. Not good. I also thought it was a mods duty to make sure members KEPT active
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager
MandaNoel07

Female Pisces Snake

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:45 am

By the "rest of us" I mean those of us who are active and the administration. Honestly, just let the administration handle this. We appreciate your suggestions, but in the end it is up to them on how to handle the situation.
Back to top Go down
Ninja Spoon
Ninja Spoon

Male Virgo Rabbit

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 4:48 am

MandaNoel07 wrote:
By the "rest of us" I mean those of us who are active and the administration.
Which isnt many by the looks of it. Honestly, the administration shouldnt have to do this in the first place. The idea of a mod is so that the admin can work on improving the site while the mods look after the members and posts. This cant be done if there are a lack of mods. Ive been trying to help by posting but by rights the mods need to set the example and Im not seeing it. Ill try and get more people but until the mods do their jobs right I doubt people will ever take this place seriously!
Back to top Go down
Denial
Mouth Vacuum
Mouth Vacuum
Denial

Male Cancer Buffalo

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:48 am

I do agree with you Nick. The Mods should indeed set the standard of the forum and stay as active as possible, but as Axel has stated, we are introducing anew system shortly where we will purge all non-active staff members. This will only be done once the current population has started to rouse itself once more, or we get new members in. We have also changed the policy on regular members too to ensure that we have no lurkers. I'm afraid that we had no choice but to 'employ' our current set of mods quickly to get the board started, but our next lot will be carefully chosen. Which is why the standards for being a mod have changed too.

Watch this space.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Empty
PostSubject: Re:    Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axels World of Crap™ :: Archives-
Jump to: