Axels World of Crap™

The official 'Axel's World of Crap™' message board.

Main SiteHomePortalCalendarFAQMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Having a hard time navigating our forum? Go HERE for our site map!
Just registered, but not sure what to do next? Go HERE!
Axel's World of Crap™️ is now hiring staff for the forum! If you think you've got what it takes to be a Moderator, Reviewer, or a Tutor then go read the recruitment thread located HERE!
- Don't forget to visit our official site!
What's Axel doing at the moment? Find out HERE!
Join us on Facebook!

Share | 

To dye or not to dye?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

To Dye or not to Dye
Dye
25%
 25% [ 2 ]
No dye
75%
 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Heartkruez
Duckie
Duckie

Female Taurus Dog

PostSubject: To dye or not to dye?   Tue May 19, 2009 7:35 am

😢
so lately, I've been getting extremely bored with my hair, and I want to add red highlights. There was a spray that I have been using but the spray fades over time (a short amount of time I must add) and I have to do it a lot. So I want to actually get my hair dyed, but the problem with that is I have to keep my hair constantly moist and stuff in an increasingly hot and dry climate; but I really don't grease my hair that often (and believe me, if I don't when I dye it, it will start thinning and stuff, my hair is like REALLY thick). So what do you think? Should I dye some of my hair, or just stick with highlights? ?
Back to top Go down
Denial
Mouth Vacuum
Mouth Vacuum

Male Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   Tue May 19, 2009 8:58 am

Can I be honest here? Dont dye it. Wait for a while first. You are still young and one of the main causes for hair loss and grey hairs is dying your hair too often. A friend of mine started dying her hair at your age and she now has all grey hair and she's only in a her 20's, so she now has no choice but to dye it, or she'd look like a granny.

Get sprays if you really want a change, or toners. But, not permanent dye.
Back to top Go down
Heartkruez
Duckie
Duckie

Female Taurus Dog

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   Tue May 19, 2009 10:04 am

Denial wrote:
Can I be honest here? Dont dye it. Wait for a while first. You are still young and one of the main causes for hair loss and grey hairs is dying your hair too often. A friend of mine started dying her hair at your age and she now has all grey hair and she's only in a her 20's, so she now has no choice but to dye it, or she'd look like a granny.

Get sprays if you really want a change, or toners. But, not permanent dye.

Oh, I'm only getting highlights on a few of my locs. I'm not allowed to dye all my hair, actually. If I do dye it, it would only be the second time for about 3 or 4 years.
Back to top Go down
MandaNoel07
The Saucy Manager
The Saucy Manager

Female Pisces Snake

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   Tue May 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Speaking from experience, do not dye it. It becomes addictive, and you always get bored with it and you want to try something new all the time. That is how I am. Therefore I suggest not dying it. It damages your hair, no matter what kind of dye it is. It is your choice, but I suggest against it.

Curry King
Curry King

Male Gemini Horse

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 am

I agree with Adam and Manda. I dyed my hair once and regretted it. I know you only want highlights but even they can be nasty. I knew someone who once had highlights and the chemicals were so potent that it made the sections she had done turn dry and frazzled, so now she looks like a smooth haired woman with odd, puffy, hay-like sticky-out bits.
Back to top Go down
waywardwarrior
The Curious One

Male Leo Dragon

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   Wed May 20, 2009 8:47 am

I've never had my hair colored by anyone but a paid professional. So I only suggest that alternative. And, yes, it can become addicting, but I don't know that's the worst addiction around. Pop music. Now THERE'S an addiction to avoid.

As a bonus: hair grows back! Almost ALL of the time. But not all. I think that's a disclaimer somewhere. Maybe not.
Back to top Go down
Tenshihoshino

Male Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   Thu May 21, 2009 7:44 am

I'd say not to dye it out of boredom. Only do it if you think its needed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To dye or not to dye?   

Back to top Go down

To dye or not to dye?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Axels World of Crap™ :: Archives-
Jump to: